The Ultimate Low Carb Snack Recipe
Everyone needs a go-to low carb snack.It’s just one of those rules of the universe like water or dinosaurs. (Anyone watch The League? Warning: NSFW!) This is one of those recipes that could very easily and very quickly become just that: your number 1 go-to low carb snack recipe.
This is also one of those recipes I talk about that is so good you’ll feel like you’re cheating on your keto diet. This is also a great keto recipe I love to show off because it demonstrates how you can eat the most delicious things ever without getting knocked out of ketosis!
This is also a killer recipe because it only has 10 net carbs and the protein and fat are through the roof! It’s not quite as macro-smashing as, say, a keto fat bomb, but this is nonetheless an excellent way to end the day when you have some extra room for carbs and are missing out on some of those other vital macros.
Delicious, melty Havarti cheese and crispy, savory bacon will have you coming back to this low carb snack recipe again and again to satisfy those cravings!
Ingredients & Stuff You’ll Need For The Recipe
- 3 Slices Havarti
- 2 Extra Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Rashers Bacon
- 2 T Minced Onion
- 2 T Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 T Butter
Directions & Stuff You Need To Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter and mix with half the garlic.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the mushrooms and place on a baking sheet.
- Pour any remaining butter on top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Fry the bacon and slice into small pieces.
- Top mushrooms with bacon, remaining garlic, onion, paprika and Havarti.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes until mushrooms are fully cooked and cheese melted