Fajitas are a classic Tex-Mex dish that has been around for decades. But for those of us who are trying to stay low-carb, the traditional flour tortillas are off limits. Fortunately, this keto chicken fajitas recipe is the perfect solution. This dish is bursting with flavor and is sure to become a favorite.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 jalapeño, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, diced
Optional Toppings: Shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine.
5. Serve the chicken fajitas with diced avocado and any desired toppings.
For a vegetarian or vegan alternative, simply omit the chicken and substitute with two cups of cooked black beans or cooked lentils.
Keto chicken fajitas are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a flavorful Tex-Mex dinner without the added carbs. Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s also packed with protein and fiber. Whether you’re following a keto diet or just looking for a healthy dinner option, this dish is sure to be a hit. Enjoy!