If you’re looking for a delicious, low-carb alternative to mac and cheese, look no further than this keto-friendly cauliflower mac and cheese. It’s creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor, but with a fraction of the carbs of traditional mac and cheese. Plus, this recipe is easy to make and can easily be made completely vegan.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or a mix of both)
½ cup heavy cream or vegan cream
2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the heavy cream, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
5. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the shredded cheese until melted.
6. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower florets and pour the cheese sauce over top. Stir until well combined.
7. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil. Pour the cauliflower mac and cheese into the dish and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.
This keto-friendly cauliflower mac and cheese is a delicious alternative to traditional mac and cheese that’s just as creamy and cheesy, but with a fraction of the carbs. Plus, it’s easy to make and can easily be made vegan. It’s the perfect keto-friendly side dish for any meal. Enjoy!