Eggplant Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that’s beloved by many. It’s loaded with cheese, breadcrumbs, and plenty of tomato sauce. Unfortunately, it’s not very keto-friendly. But with a few simple adjustments, you can make a delicious keto-friendly Eggplant Parmesan that’s just as delicious as the original.
-1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-2 eggs, beaten
-1 cup almond flour
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 cup keto-friendly marinara sauce
-Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush each slice with olive oil.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggplant is lightly browned and tender.
4. In a shallow bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Dip each eggplant slice in the cheese mixture, coating both sides.
6. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
8. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and top each one with a spoonful of marinara sauce.
9. Return the eggplant to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
10. Serve the eggplant Parmesan with fresh parsley and enjoy.
For a vegan version of this dish, simply replace the eggs and cheese with vegan-friendly substitutes. You can use a vegan cheese alternative or a vegan egg replacer in the coating. You can also use a vegan-friendly marinara sauce.
This keto-friendly Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious and healthy alternative to the classic Italian dish. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s packed with flavor. Serve it with a side salad or your favorite keto-friendly side dish. Enjoy!