If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make keto-friendly meal, this gourmet mushroom and spinach quiche is the perfect option. There’s no need to sacrifice flavor or texture – this quiche is flavorful and full of texture. Plus, it’s a great way to use up extra veggies in your fridge.
This quiche recipe is incredibly versatile. You can easily adjust the ingredients to suit your dietary preferences and taste. We use a combination of mushrooms, spinach, and onion to create a flavorful and filling quiche. We also suggest adding herbs and spices to give it a gourmet flavor.
For the crust:
-1 cup almond flour
-1/3 cup coconut flour
-1/4 cup melted butter
-1/4 cup cold water
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the filling:
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 onion, diced
-1 cup mushrooms, sliced
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-2 cups baby spinach
-3 large eggs
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter, cold water, and salt. Mix together until a dough forms.
3. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter or coconut oil. Press the dough into the dish and up the sides. Place the dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Add the spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes until it is wilted.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the filling into the prepared crust.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
11. Remove the quiche from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This keto-friendly mushroom and spinach quiche is the perfect way to spice up your meal prepping routine. It’s a great option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The combination of mushrooms, spinach, and onion creates a flavorful and filling quiche with a gourmet twist. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
For a vegan version of this quiche, you can substitute the butter and heavy cream for vegan-friendly alternatives. You can also substitute the Parmesan cheese for a vegan-friendly alternative and the feta cheese for a vegan cheese of your choice. Additionally, you can leave out the eggs and add an additional 1/4 cup of almond milk for a vegan-friendly egg substitute.