Thanksgiving is around the corner and if you’re following the keto diet, you might be wondering what dishes you can enjoy. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Today’s recipe is a keto-friendly version of a classic side dish – green bean casserole. This version is made with low-carb ingredients and topped with a crunchy pecan topping for added texture and flavor.
Green Beans – 2 cans (15 ounces each) of cut green beans, drained
Cream of Mushroom Soup – 1 can (10.5 ounces) of low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
Greek Yogurt – 1/2 cup of plain, Greek yogurt
Shredded Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic – 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Onion – 1/2 cup of diced onion
Butter – 2 tablespoons of butter
Pecans – 1/2 cup of roughly chopped pecans
Paprika – 1 teaspoon of paprika
Total Fat: 17 g
Carbs: 12 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 17 g
For a vegetarian alternative, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in the soup. For a vegan alternative, use vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in place of the dairy products.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, cream of mushroom soup, Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, garlic, and onion. Mix until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter. Pour the green bean mixture into the dish and spread it out evenly.
4. In a small bowl, combine the chopped pecans, butter, and paprika. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
6. Serve warm. Enjoy!
This keto-friendly green bean casserole is a great side dish for any holiday gathering. It’s quick and easy to make, and the crunchy topping adds delicious texture and flavor to the dish. Plus, it’s a great way to enjoy a classic side dish without sacrificing flavor or your keto diet.
So if you’re looking for a delicious, keto-friendly side dish to add to your holiday table, look no further than this green bean casserole. Enjoy!