Spinach and artichoke dip is a classic appetizer that has been around for decades. Unfortunately, it is usually high in carbs, making it off-limits for those following a ketogenic diet. But fear not, keto-lovers! This delicious and easy-to-make dip is low-carb, high-fat, and super tasty. It’s the perfect addition to your next party or gathering.
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups freshly chopped baby spinach
* 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 ounces cream cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste
## Nutrition Facts
* Calories: 201
* Total Fat: 17.3g
* Saturated Fat: 10.5g
* Cholesterol: 57.6mg
* Sodium: 502.7mg
* Total Carbohydrate: 5.6g
* Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
* Net Carbohydrates: 3.5g
* Protein: 5.5g
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and spinach and cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted.
3. In a medium bowl, combine artichoke hearts, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Add spinach and garlic mixture and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Spread mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until dip is hot and bubbly.
## Vegetarian or Vegan Alternative
For a vegetarian or vegan version of this dip, substitute the butter with a vegan alternative such as coconut oil, and replace the heavy cream with a non-dairy alternative such as almond milk or coconut milk. The Parmesan cheese can be replaced with a vegan cheese alternative.
This keto-friendly spinach and artichoke dip is packed with flavor, and it’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering. With only 3.5 net carbs per serving, you can indulge without feeling guilty. Serve with low-carb veggies such as celery, cucumbers, and bell peppers, or with low-carb crackers or chips. Enjoy!