Are you a risotto lover but also trying to stick to a keto diet? Look no further than this creamy low-carb cauliflower risotto recipe! It’s the perfect dish for a cozy night in or a fancy dinner party. Plus, with the addition of cauliflower, you’ll be getting some extra nutrients in your meal.
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetarian/Vegan Alternative Ingredients:
– Replace chicken broth with vegetable broth
– Replace Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Begin by prepping your cauliflower. Remove the leaves and cut off the stem. Cut the remaining cauliflower into small florets.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add in the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the cauliflower florets and stir to coat them in the butter and onion mixture. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
4. Pour in the dry white wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Let it cook down for about 5-7 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
5. Add in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Let the risotto simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes or until it thickens up.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
Why Cauliflower is a Great Addition:
Not only does cauliflower add a delicious texture to this dish, but it’s also a great way to sneak in some extra nutrients. Cauliflower is high in vitamin C, vitamin K, and fiber. Plus, it’s a low-carb vegetable that’s perfect for those on a keto diet.
Tips for Making the Perfect Risotto:
– Don’t overcook the cauliflower. You want it to be tender but still have a bit of a bite to it.
– Use a large skillet so that the cauliflower has room to cook and the liquid can evaporate properly.
– Stir the risotto frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the skillet.
– Don’t add too much liquid at once. You want to let it cook down and thicken up before adding more.
This creamy low-carb cauliflower risotto recipe is a delicious and keto-friendly alternative to traditional risotto dishes. Plus, with the addition of cauliflower, you’ll be getting some extra nutrients in your meal. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this dish is sure to impress. And with the vegetarian/vegan alternative ingredients, everyone can enjoy it!