Pancakes are a breakfast staple in many households, but they can be full of carbs and sugar. Luckily, with a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy fluffy and delicious pancakes without breaking your keto diet. Almond flour is the perfect ingredient to use in place of regular flour. It’s low-carb and high in healthy fats, making it an ideal choice for keto-friendly recipes. In this blog post, I’ll share my recipe for fluffy almond flour pancakes that are sure to become a new favorite in your breakfast rotation.
– 1 cup almond flour
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tablespoon melted butter
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Optional: 1-2 tablespoons keto-friendly sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. If using a sweetener, add it to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken.
4. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
5. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve the pancakes with your favorite keto-friendly toppings, such as sugar-free maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh berries.
To make these pancakes vegan, simply swap out the eggs for a vegan egg replacement, such as a flax egg or chia egg. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it thickens. To make a chia egg, mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it thickens. You can also use a vegan butter substitute in place of the melted butter.
For a vegetarian alternative, you can use regular eggs and butter instead of the vegan substitutes.
Tips and Tricks:
– Make sure to use blanched almond flour instead of almond meal for the best texture in these pancakes.
– Coconut flour can be quite absorbent, so be careful not to add too much or the pancakes will be dry.
– Letting the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking allows the flours to absorb the liquid and will result in fluffier pancakes.
– If using a sweetener, taste the batter before cooking to make sure it’s sweet enough for your liking.
– To ensure even cooking, make sure the pan or griddle is evenly heated before adding the batter.
This recipe makes 6 pancakes, with each pancake containing approximately:
– 138 calories
– 11g fat
– 6g protein
– 5g total carbs
– 2g fiber
– 3g net carbs
These fluffy almond flour pancakes are a delicious and low-carb breakfast option that will satisfy your pancake cravings without ruining your keto diet. With a few simple substitutions, they can also be made vegan or vegetarian-friendly. Enjoy them with your favorite keto-friendly toppings for a breakfast that’s both healthy and delicious.