Indian Butter Chicken is a popular dish that is traditionally high in carbs due to its creamy and buttery sauce. However, by making a few ingredient substitutions, we can create a keto-friendly version of this delicious dish without sacrificing the taste. This recipe is perfect for those who are following a keto diet or simply looking for a healthier version of their favorite Indian dish.
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/4 cup ghee (or butter if not keto)
– 1/2 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tbsp ginger, minced
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp ground coriander
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
– 1 cup tomato puree
– 1 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream for vegan alternative)
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the turmeric, cumin, paprika, coriander, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato puree to the skillet and stir to combine with the spices. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the heavy cream and chicken to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Serve the butter chicken over cauliflower rice or with a side of keto-friendly naan. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
– Calories: 431
– Fat: 37g
– Protein: 20g
– Net Carbs: 5g
This keto-friendly Indian Butter Chicken recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional high-carb version. By using keto-friendly ingredients such as ghee, heavy cream, and cauliflower rice, we can enjoy this flavorful dish without compromising our health goals. This recipe also includes vegan alternatives, making it accessible to a wider range of dietary preferences. Try it out and let us know what you think!