Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying keto-friendly recipe? Look no further than these stuffed portobello mushrooms! They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and make for a perfect appetizer or main dish. Plus, they’re vegetarian-friendly and can be easily adapted for vegans.
– 4 large portobello mushrooms
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup chopped spinach
– 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (vegetarian alternative: nutritional yeast)
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms and use a spoon to gently scrape out the gills.
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the chopped spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme.
6. Spoon the filling evenly into each of the portobello mushroom caps.
7. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
– Calories: 168
– Fat: 12g
– Protein: 9g
– Carbohydrates: 10g
– Fiber: 3g
– Net Carbs: 7g
To make this recipe vegan-friendly, simply substitute the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a great source of protein and B vitamins, and it adds a cheesy flavor to the filling without any animal products.
These stuffed portobello mushrooms are a great addition to any keto-friendly meal plan. They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and can be easily adapted for vegetarians and vegans. Plus, they’re a great way to get in some extra veggies while sticking to your keto goals. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!